Job Title: C.N.A.
Reports To: Service Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Provides general nursing care to various people with disabling conditions by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Follows individualized Skilled Nursing Plan of patient care.
- Explains procedures and treatments to the individual to gain cooperation, understanding, and allay apprehension.
- Administers treatment in accordance with approved nursing techniques.
- Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of the individual.
- Observes individual, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies the nurse or Physician of individual’s condition to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents
- Assesses condition by taking temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal and assesses condition of the individual.
- Responds to life saving situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol.
- Initiates a patient education plan according to the individualized needs of the individual as prescribed by Physician and/or hos including the individual’s and family instructions.
- Make beds, bathes, and feeds individual.
- Documents all assigned direct care services provided on treatment record.
- Participates in department or unit quality improvement activities.
- Immediately reports any concerns, unsafe conditions or changes in person’s well-being to the supervisor/Nurse.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Certified Nursing Certification from college or technical school and up to six months related experience and/or training, current certification, current First Aid training, and any other training outlined in the staff level of care determination specific to the individual receiving care.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent, and to draw/interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to solve problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Driver’s Licenses and Proof of Insurance: A valid driver’s license, with less than 4 points, and proof of insurance are required for this position.
Other Qualifications: This position requires reliable transportation, pre-employment and random drug screenings, criminal background check, annual TB test, and travel, pre-employment, and random drug testing. Weekend and evening work may be required. Current CPR and First Aid certification and bloodborne pathogen training documentation.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: CNA Certification
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands or arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to bloodborne pathogens and communicable diseases. Employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.